Thursday, November 02, 2006

Music Revue: Cat Power - Why don't you just CHEER the FUCK UP?

Look, it's not that I hate music. Many would say that I listen to it frequently. But the other day, while trying to listen to the soothing sounds of Cat Stevens, I accidentally played some bullshit by a Miss Cat Power (I have a large music collection; larger than yours). I heard her whine all over Moon-eyed Pix, You Are Free to Weep, and The Greatest Sadness the World Has Ever Known (do not even get me started on her "Weeping Under the Covers" album). Through all of this, she just complained about this and that in her whatever life. News flash, Miss Power: CHEER THE FUCK UP.
Nobody wants to listen to sad music. This has been proven. According to an unbiased survey by the Family Protection from Abortion Organization, 0% of all human beings enjoy listening to sad music. Know. Your. Facts. So when Miss Power is ready to sing out and be free, I'm ready to listen, because there's a million ways to be (you know that there are).

No comments: