Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Music Revue: Covers

I was just listening to my iPod on shuffle, and came across a certain Jimi Hendrix's cover of Bob Dylan's song "All Along the Watchtower." What the hell is this? I had never heard Mr. Hendrix play this song before (I have a substantially large music collection; larger than yours) and was frankly disappointed. Is there some reason that he cannot play songs he himself wrote? I for one never get tired of "Purple Haze." Playing songs written by Bob Dylan is just lazy. I'm looking at you, Jeff Buckley.
Actually, not to get off-topic, but Jeff Buckley is another man who thinks he's too cool to actually write songs. Everyone loves Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah," but did you know that it is a cover of a Leonard Cohen song? That's right. Look it up. KNOW YOUR FACTS.
Enough is enough. It's time we stopped allowing whoever these deltoids are to sing other, harder -working performers' songs. You heard it here first. In the Gource.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I can see now that your head is up your ass, so can't possibly know what your talking about. It's not the end of the world, just another lame person who thinks he knows HENDRIX. You have a big collection of music and just now heard that song, some collection. Keep up the good work moron!